EMAIL US HERE

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Orange-Apricot Pork Chops

The Ingredients.

6 pork chops
1 cup apricot jam
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges (and juice!)

The Directions.

Use a 4-6 quart crockpot. I switched Alison's recipe up a bit to reflect ingredients I had in the house. She'd approve, because that's the way she cooks. I know she wouldn't have wanted me to wake up my napper to go to the store, I just know it.

Put pork chops into your crockpot. In a small bowl, combine jam, brown sugar, and spices. Spoon over pork chops. Add the entire can of mandarin oranges evenly over the top. Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours, or on high for about 4.

Serve with rice to soak up the yummy juice.

The Verdict.

I tasted the sauce and liked it a lot. I had already packed it up and washed the crockpot before Adam got home, so he didn't get to try it. Stephanie reported back that her kids ate a ton, and her 9-year-old ate it without ketchup, which is unheard of. Apparently he even dips green beans in ketchup. Her husband thought maybe there was a tad too much cinnamon.
It really felt good to make a nice meal for friends; I could get used to this!
Thank you, Alison!

Source: Make it Fast, Cook it Slow Recipe book
 & http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2009/01/orange-apricot-pork-chops-in-crockpot.html
 

No comments: